Tuesday, August 11, 2009
A Change of Pace
As most of you know that past 2 1/2 years TJ and I have been trying to get pregnant. After six months of trying, I was told to wait 6 more months. After a year my doctor finally ran some basic blood work checking my progesterone, thyroid etc. It all came back normal. I had hoped he would suggest TJ being tested as well, but he didn't. He just said to keep trying and be patient. When I went back 6 months later for my regular visit, he then suggested running some tests on TJ. Those tests showed some issues which were resolved in January. I was, again, told to be patient and wait it out or go on to an infertility specialist. Well, in July I had had enough! I was ready to change this slow moving pace and get something done. After a few rough days I was lead to this verse 19:20 in Proverbs that says: Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. So, I decided to find a doctor who would listen to me and guide me. I have a dear friend, whom I taught with for years, whose father in law is an OB/GYN here in town who is well known and very well liked. I've known him for a while and knew he would be up front and honest with me. That is all I wanted! So, I met with him to discuss a few questions I had. In turn, he had questions for me regarding what tests I had had run on me. When I told him, he wasn't satisfied. He said that I wasn't ready to go see a specialist, which deep down I knew. He sat with me and laid out a plan of action, which I loved being the planner that I am. So, our next step is having a HSG test done. It is a sonogram of my fallopian tubes and uterus. He will inject dye into my tubes which will show any closures or blockage and will show any masses that may be causing problems. I've read, and have been told, that the dye could clear out any blockages that may be in the way. I have this done next Tuesday. Please pray that it all will turn out okay. I have a lot of anxiety any time I have any type of test run just for the simple fact I'm always afraid something will be wrong. I have hope that all will be well, but I still like knowing I have some prayer warriors out there. After my visit with Dr. Mendez, I felt like a world of weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Knowing that I had a plan of action and someone who would help me was a huge relief! I will let you know how Tuesday goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a prayer warrior, so I will add you to the many prayers I seem to have these days! I have faith that this Doctor will be able to give you some answeres and you will soon be blessed with a family. I just have faith!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you found a doctor that you are comfortable with Stephanie! I am praying for you. You WILL be the best mommy ever!
ReplyDelete